#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Dependent and Independent Clauses

 Worksheet: dependent and independent clauses

Task 1: Write down whether the sentences you see below are dependent or independent clauses (write in the brackets).


Task 2: Complete the complex sentences with a dependent or independent clause that’s currently missing (write in the gaps).


Task 3: Write a definition for “dependent” and “independent clause” on the bottom of this worksheet.


  1. I will tidy my room (  independent     ), because it is a mess.


  1. If it is sunny next weekend ( dependent              ), I will go to the beach. 


______________________________________________.


  1. It was snowing (independent ), therefore we stayed home.   


  1. I don’t like chocolate (             independent      ).


  1. My father works for the NZ police department (            independent ),therefore he eats donuts.


  1. Because I stay up till 4am to watch tik tok, I just HATE waking up early in the morning.


Definitions: 


Dependent - doesn’t make sense on its own


Independent - sentence makes sense on its own










No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.