#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}

Friday, October 23, 2020

Jordy's bracelet

  ETV Jordy’s problem   https://mairehau.etv.org.nz/tv/vod/view/132854

Question and clari 

Watch this introduction and video.      Every time I pause the video, I will role-model what questions I have and how I clarify my thinking.


We ask questions constantly and we make connections with what we already know, this is how the brain operates when it creates understanding when we read texts.  


Our brains constantly question and clarify.


Starts at 1.30

Question (wonderings)

Clarify (meanings/answer)

Break  1

1.30 to 1.47

What counts as an exception?

What kind of exception are they talking about?

Nothing 

Break 2

1.47 to 1.50





Who's jordy? 

Do I need to care about jordy?

What kind of bracelet? Christening bracelet 


Girl who lost her dad so we know her story, it could be anyone of us

Break 3

1.50 to 2.04

What is the school uniform policy?

Why has it offended jordy?

Why no bracelets?

Traditional school policy which means we can not wear much. 

Because it was something from her Dad.

No bracelets because it was a traditional school. 

Break 4

2.04 to 2.19

Why is she getting so angry?

What is so special about the bracelet?

Because she couldn’t wear it at school.

Controlled Release now it’s time for you to ask the questions as I stop.  

Who’s got questions?  How many can we answer from above now?

Break 5

2.19 to 2.35


How did dad die?

Why is it most important? 

Not told how dad died. Religious/christening bracelet 

Break 6

2.35 to 2.58

What is a christening bracelet?

What is christening?

If the bracelet is so small why is it upset it had to be cut off?

When we are babies sometimes we get baptised, it is a special bracelet for being baptised.

Part of her identity 

Break7

2.58 to 3.19

Why are they not letting her be comfortable for her?

Would it not be expected to be cut off because it is too small?

Because of the uniform rules.

Yes

Break 8

3.19 to 3.46

What is a traditional school?

Why did she sob so much?

She had to cut it off and she was so sad. 

Break 9










 

 



1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work Fynn - you have been trying very hard this year.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.